Pages

Monday 27 August 2012

Baking :: Blueberry Loaf

Here's something abit different for you today!
My recipe for a blueberry loaf :)
 
Now, traditionally it should be blueberry muffins that people make with blueberries! But I like to do it in a loaf tin, because that way, you can cut different size pieces (sometimes and muffin just isn't big enough!), and also having it as one cake can also make a nice centre piece if you have guests etc.
 
So, here's what your going to need!

  • 4 ounces (150g) of self raising flour
  • 4 ounces (150g) of Stork (I like using this for cakes, as I really enjoy the flavour, and when its left to room temp, it mixes perfectly!)
  • 2 ounces (56g) of caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 ounces (150g) of fresh blueberries
  • A teaspoon of baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (Vanilla essence if of course whheey better, but to be honest, I can quite afford £6 for a bottle of that at the moment, so thought id give extract a go - its not too bad! Could be better. So if you have essence, then just use 1 teaspoon!)
 
 
What I tend to do first, is melt my butter. 30 seconds in the microwave should do it. Leave it to one side whilst you prepare the rest!
In my mixer I put the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Gave that all a little mix through, then went in and added the wet ingrediants, so the eggs, butter, and vanilla extract.
I mixed that for about 3-5 minutes, making sure all the dry ingrediants have been absorbed into the wet.
This is where you grab your spoon now, and add your blueberries to your cake mix.
Gently fold the blueberries into your mixture making sure they are all coated.
The reason for doing this softly with a spoon is 1. So the blueberries dont brake and squish! & 2. So we dont over-work the cake batter.
Then you can pour it into your loaf tin! (or muffin cases, or any other tin you prefer!).
 
My loaf tin is about 2 inches or so deep.
 
Grease/line your tin, with butter and/or greaseproof paper. I just used some of the Stork.
Then bake on 160 degrees (gas mark 3.) for about 20-30 minutes, checking how its going after the 20!
 
Quick tip :: If you find your outside and edges are cooking quicker than your middle, put some tin foil over the top of it - works a treat!
 
And here's my finished loaf!
 
 
Hope you all enjoyed!
 
Toodlepip!
xox
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment